Translate

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Grey luxurious Poncho - pattern










































One size fits most – front 80cm (32”), arm 55cm (22”)

You need: (for this size poncho)
I used cca 500g (1300 meters) of 90% soft baby acrylic/10% polyester (“Vlnika-Bibina”)
For edging and flowers cca 100g (94 meters) – (“Elian Sabina exclusive collection”)
You can really use any yarn which suites your purposes.
Crochet hook G/4mm
Yarn Needle, marker

Terms/Abbreviations: I used US terminology
ch     chain
slst.   slip stitch
sc      single crochet
dc     double crochet
st      stitch

Basic pattern: I found this stitch on Google+
I made two rectangles measuring cca 45cm x 90cm (18”x36”).
If you would like to make the poncho smaller or bigger add or reduce the amount of “shells”.
The pattern is multiple of 12 + 1 + 3.
For this poncho it was 6 x 12 + 1 + 3 = 76 chain. Dc in 4th chain from the hook and follow the chart.

























Joining the rectangles:
I sewed the rectangles together the way you can see on picture bellow. You can crochet them together if you like.


























Edging - neckline:
I used very nice and fluffy yarn (“Elian Sabina exclusive collection”) for all edgings and the flowers. I simply went around the neckline with one row of dc’s. I think the yarn made it look interesting enough.

























Edging at the bottom:
There are so many variations. I used simple edge: ch 12 – slst., evenly around the bottom edge with fluffy yarn.

























Flower applique: 
I made five flowers. Follow the chart bellow. For the middle of the flower, I used “Bibina”, for the outside round (red) I used the fluffy yarn. Follow the chart below. 
Sew them onto the seam of two rectangles.



























And there it is - a soft, very luxurious and noticeable poncho. Not that hard to make, with many variations and the pattern is suitable for dedicated beginner as well.
If you come up with any problems or difficulties, write to me, and I’ll be more than happy to help.






































Have a nice week
Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment